My kids love broccoli! I’m glad because that means I get to make them this delicious casserole just like my mom made for my family growing up. It’s easy to make and the cheesy, creamy flavor just can’t be beat.
It makes it seem simpler to make when I think of it in three parts:
- Cook 2 10 oz. packages of frozen broccoli until crisp-tender (or the equivalent of fresh — my preference).
- Cook three boneless chicken breasts and, depending on their thickness, slice them into thin tenders.
- Make the sauce.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in medium sauce pan.
- Stir in 1/4 cup flour until smooth and thick.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 c. light cream, 1 T minced, dried onion, 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt, and a dash of pepper.
Place the cooked broccoli in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over it. Top with chicken. To remaining sauce add shredded Parmesan cheese (to taste) and pour over chicken. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake at 350* for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. When hot, broil until sauce is golden brown. Enjoy!
This makes a wonderful freezer meal, as well. I put one in my freezer so we could enjoy good home cooking in our motor home during our long road trip this summer.
You might also enjoy:
Chinese Chicken over rice
You’re Sure to Bless Them if You Take Them a Meal (Delicious Chicken and Broccoli Casserole makes a great meal to bless others with–if you’re sure they like broccoli. 🙂 )